- ST. LOUIS, MO (March 7, 2018) – The Equipment Dealers Association (EDA) is excited to announce that for a third year, Machinery Pete will present a free quarterly webinar for equipment dealers! Hosted by Greg Peterson and Margy Eckelkamp, these webinars focus on quarterly trends in search traffic, used equipment sales and industry-leading data. The first of these webinars is scheduled for Thursday, March 29th. Additional dates are forthcoming but are expected in June, September and December.
Greg will address the following key trends on March 29:
- Fourth quarter 2017 resulted in notable search traffic spikes to planters, skid steers, and 175+ hp tractors.
- The farm equipment market is healthier now vs. 2-3 years ago, very much so, thanks to the terribly hard work so many farm equipment dealer groups did back in 2014, 2015 on into very early 2016 in terms of moving the great excess of large, late model used equipment items.
- There was stronger than expected buyer demand on one-year-old 2016 model used equipment as it showed up for sale at auction en masse across North America late in 2017. Tighter dealer inventory levels are coming into play here.
- Despite very high volume of machinery auctions seen across the U.S. late in 2017, results included strong auction pricing on good condition used equipment of all size and age. The high supply level did not adversely affect used values/pricing.
Date: Thursday, March 29, 2018
Time: Noon (Central)
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
About Machinery Pete
MachineryPete.com is the fastest growing used equipment listing website with more than 105,000 listings that also provides dealers industry-leading marketing tools. Machinery Pete, LLC is a co-venture with the founder, Greg Peterson, and Farm Journal Media, created to leverage the combination of the founder’s deep expertise in used equipment values and his 27 years as the trusted source for farmers along with Farm Journal Media expansive multi-media reach to promote the Machinery Pete brand to farmers. Drawing on its service-first approach, Farm Journal’s marketing resources, and Machinery Pete’s credibility with farmers, Machinery Pete aims to become the go-to used equipment marketing resource for the progressive farm equipment dealer. Look for Machinery Pete promotional ads on Google, TractorData.com, Farm Journal, Top Producer, AgDay, AgriTalk, AgWeb, and MPTV which recently started its 4th season by adding 30 local TV markets to its syndication. With today’s business challenges in mind, the Machinery Pete team aims to help dealers succeed as a cost-effective used equipment marketing partner.
Founded in 1900, the Equipment Dealers Association (EDA), formerly known as the North American Equipment Dealers Association, is a non-profit trade organization representing 4,500 retail dealers extensively engaged in the sale and service of agricultural, construction, industrial, forestry, outdoor power, lawn and garden, and/or turf equipment. EDA provides essential value to its members by enhancing the dealer-manufacturer relationship and advocating for a positive legislative and regulatory environment. EDA is headquartered in St. Louis. For additional information, visit www.equipmentdealer.org.