MILWAUKEE, Wis. – The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) is offering its first-ever trade mission to Cuba this spring, and is seeking interested attendees.
The all-inclusive trade mission will take place April 3-6, 2017, and will offer an interesting opportunity for AEM member companies and other trip participants to explore business opportunities in Cuba as its economy becomes more open to foreign business.
The trip will cover several issues of interest to equipment manufacturing companies, including:
- Identifying market opportunities for their products and services in Cuba
- Establishing key contacts with Cuban Ministries and Cuban companies involved in importation, procurement and distribution
- Learning about commercial and political hurdles for conducting business in Cuba
- Gaining an understanding of financial transaction rules and regulations
- Onsite visits
- Learning how to craft a business proposal unique to the Cuban market
The trade mission itinerary will be tailored to the specific needs of our industry, granting participants access to key executive decision makers involved in their industry sectors. In order to maximize member value, group size will be limited and registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
The trade mission requires a cost of $5,000 per participant and a nonrefundable deposit of $3,500 is required to secure your space on the trip. This fee includes roundtrip flight from U.S. departure city to Havana, hotel, logistics, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, agenda, conference rooms, visas, professional guide and translators.
Participants must register by February 17th to secure a spot on AEM’s trade mission to Havana, Cuba.
To learn more about AEM’s trade mission to Cuba, or to secure your spot on the trip, contact AEM’s Alex Russ at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 898-9006.